Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I don't want to complain...

but it appears that I'm going to anyway. I have a few favorite places around Eugene. With regard to food, the closest to my house is affectionately called the Turtle store. They serve all manner of comfort food: mac & cheese, ribs, philly cheese steak sandwiches...They're open until midnight; I know the owner and really like the bartender; their produce is good. Tonight, however...what the H? Believe me, I understand the nature of things. I have an idea of the disruptions which might occur in the restaurant business. I don't think I'm being picky, but I confess that I became impatient with the wait for my order. Again. Looking around, they didn't seem to be overly busy or understaffed. Suffice to say that at 10:00 I was ready for a chicken caesar. At 10:45 I was ready for bed. And so, for the second time in as many weeks, I amended my order 'to go'.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home